What is Gypsum?
Gypsum is a soft sulfate mineral composed of calcium sulfate dihydrate, with the chemical formula CaSO4 – 2H2O. It is widely mined and is used as a fertilizer and as the main constituent in many forms of plaster, blackboard/sidewalk, chalk, and drywall.
Nutrients content in gypsum
In pure gypsum contents calcium 23.28%, sulfur 18.62%, and Magnesium 1.3%.
The use of gypsum powder
- Gypsum powder is used in agriculture as a soil conditioner and fertilizer.
- Applying it to soil as a fertilizer contributes calcium and sulfur, two nutrients used by plants.
- Gypsum powder is especially beneficial to corn and soybeans, which need a lot of sulfate in the soil to thrive.
- Gypsum powder is a powerful land fertilizer, can pre-use as fertilizer before planting.
- Non-plowing farming system, in soil reforming, to be moisture retention and to mix the soil can use effectively.
- When the plants sprout, can sow directly and by making to get calcium on time, free from anemia and can get full crops.
- To get adequate nutrition for the crops and can use adjustment not to uptake excessive nutrition.
- When to harvest crops, adhesion of clay from cultivated land and can use gypsum as assistant to get beautiful crops.
How to apply gypsum
The first step is to add gypsum to the soil. Apply gypsum at 1 kilo per square meter, digging this into the top 10-15 cm well. Gypsum works on the clay, breaking it up into small crumbly pieces making it easier to work with and also improves drainage. However, applying too much gypsum in the soil may also mean eliminating essential nutrients from the soils such as aluminum, iron, and manganese. Removal of these nutrients may lead to poor plant growth.
Benefits of gypsum powder fertilizer
- If use to potassium fertilizer, can prevent, reduce for Spinda Bifida disease and Ufra disease.
- Because the fertilizer is used an excessive, the soil which is destroyed and still damaged restored well.
- Be good the soil structure and prevent toxic.
- Can repair soapy soil and salty soil can adjust acid and salt of soil.
- Can prevent loss of nourishment of soil, ripening and grow strong the plants in time.
- Be good the oil production rate for oilseeds and the production rate of the seasonal crops, all kinds of beans, chili, onion, tomato, potato, watermelon, cucumber, dragon fruit, avocado, cabbage, lettuce, sesame, sunflowers, etc. and can prevent rotting roots, diphtheria disease.
Natural gypsum powder fertilizer
Produced according to Ministry of agriculture livestock and irrigation
permission order Hta La (1292).
Instruction to use
By crop type can use (from 25kg to 75kg) in acre for one season.